Ch - ch - ch - changes (Oder -- Die Grosse Plaenewandlung)


Hi all! Alright -- I am a bad blogger. At least I am a bad blogger when I am in my J-O-B, which, although the best job that I have ever had, nonetheless leaves me with a tiny fraction of the energy that I had while studying in Israel -- which kinda sorta seems to be a fact in and of itself worthy of notice -- which kinda sorta leads me in to the news of the day. . . . . .

. . . I am NOT moving to Germany (immediately, that is.) My rabbinical school changed its program this year as of May 15, and now I will be studying at Hebrew Union College, Jewish Institute of Religion in Jerusalem with the other first year students from HUC and Leo Baeck. At first when I heard the news I had the panic and anxiety one would expect --- all of which were quickly washed away when my wonderful partner said, "That's great -- only two international moves instead of three." Ah, perspective! Of course the other issue is that I have not posted since January, and even the above two paragraphs were written when I first heard the news in late April. So the other part of this post is to say "I'm Back!" I had fantasized after I left Israel last summer of posting weekly and filling pages with my thoughts on Reform Judaism in the states and various happenings leading up to my international move(s.) This obviously did not happen. It is amazing how divided energy can be when you are looking toward the future and the work you feel you were born to do, while actually spending everyday working in a job that, although an amazing job with some of the finest folks I have ever met, is not what I was meant to do with my life. So here I am on my first work day not at my J-O-B and I am posting -- this I think is a good sign. But at the same time the above mentioned ch-ch-ch-changes are now immanent. Like tomorrow.

. . . So then now for a little time warp . . .

Here I am at HUC-JIR, sitting in a very nicely cooled library, waiting for the campus tour, and REALLY wondering how it is I actually got here. It is tempting to rewrite this post (now written in tiny chunks over 2 months) but I think the unsettling feeling of movement in the post reflects what it has been like for the past months. I have a ton of thoughts that need to be written, but I also need to settle this whirlwind a bit, collect myself and, oh-by-the-way, begin school tomorrow. Sooooooooooo – here it goes . . . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sure I can speak for the others when I say you are missed. On my own behalf, I'll add "Yo! Pauley!"

-Scott

Popular posts from this blog

What I Did (am doing?!) On My Summer "Vacation"

Life in Yerushaliyim

The Day I Fell In Love With Jerusalem